Albi Clad FP
The Thin-Film Architectural Finish for Wood & Other Combustible Assemblies
Albi Clad FP fireproofing brings the water-based, thin-film, intumescent coating characteristics of renowned Albi Clads to materials including wood, wallboard, plaster and other non-ferrous substrates. FP combines intumescent fire protection with the aesthetic breakthrough of an attractive, decorative, interior finish that preserves architectural detail on a range of materials. Albi Clad FP is used in historic restorations, condos, apartments, lofts and wherever architectural designs call for an extremely thin, aesthetic architectural finish with simultaneous fire protection. It may also be applied to correct fire ratings due to improperly installed wallboard.
Albi Clad FP Video
Wood Construction, Restoration and Renovations
Albi Clad FP is the perfect solution for fireproofing and leaving a smooth architectural finish on new wood construction.
Renovations, both historical and commercial, are ideal applications for Albi Clad FP. Not only does its attractive finish help maintain and retain the historic character of older buildings, it provides uncompromising fire safety as well.
Wall Board Rating Enhancement
Albi Clad FP can be used to fireproof sheetrock, either by design or in cases of defective construction. In instances where the wall board was incorrectly attached, installed horizontally or with non-staggering joints, Albi Clad FP provided a viable alternative fire rating to re-doing the work.
There are times when the installed sheetrock doesn't provide the proper rating. For example, Type X sheetrock may have been used instead of Type C. Albi Clad FP can enhance the fire rating without potentially costly replacement.
Architectural Tin Ceilings
Albi Clad FP provides a one hour rating to architectural tin ceilings in both new and existing conditions. A 40 mil application of Albi Clad FP not only provides the one hour rating, it also preserves the design and look of a renovated tin ceiling.
- Fully compliant with EPA VOC air quality standards, limits and regulations
- An attractive interior finish that conforms to building codes and insurance requirements for fireproofing
- UL Classified
- Maintains contour of the substrate, and preserves details
- Architectural, decorative finish
- Ideal for both new construction and historic renovations
- UL tested for resistance to high humidity, aging, industrial atmosphere (CO /SO), chlorine and washing.
- Albi Clad FP is ideal for interior wood columns, beams, trusses and other exposed structural elements.
- Available in 55 gallon drums and five gallon pails
- Fire separation walls and ceilings
- Nursing Homes
- New Wood Construction
- School Buildings
- Condominiums and Apartments
- Historic Renovations
- Loft Conversions
Defective gypsum board fire separation wall construction:
- GWB installed horizontally
- Non-staggering joints
- Joints on both sides aligned
- GWB applied to one side of demising wall only